Coat your ring with clear nail polish.
- Use clear nail polish to paint the inside of the ring and any other areas of the piece that come into contact with your finger. Let the ring rest on a clean plate for 20 minutes until it is completely dry before wearing.
- The nail polish will naturally wear off over time.
- To preserve your protective barrier, inspect your ring each time you wear it and reapply the polish as needed.
Remove your jewelry before getting your hands wet.
- Avoid swimming, washing your hands, or showering with your rings on.
- Water accelerates the oxidation process and salt water in particular can erode your jewelry.
Avoid applying lotions, perfumes, and soaps with your ring on.
- Take off your rings when you get ready in the morning and every time you wash your hands.
- The acids in certain cleansers and beauty products can cause your rings to oxidise and speed up their deterioration.